i totally suck at this stuff.
and i cant afford to fail.
ive already done some of them…
you dont have to, i can do it myself.
but, if youre bored.
i know some of you love this stuff!
1. During World War II, the Soviet Union was an ally of the United States.
2. The United States never joined the United Nations.
3. Japan surrendered after atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagaski.
4. The New Deal did not end the Great Depression.
5. The United Nations’ decision to intervene in Korea was vetoed by the Soviet Union.
i’m gonna get to work on the rest of these, and hopefully our answers will be the same.
1. is TRUE – Germany was an ally of Russia from September 1939 until June 22nd, 1941 when the Germans launched a sneak attack massive invasion against the Soviets. Then Russia (or the Soviet Union – same thing roughly) became part of the Allies – mainly Britain then. America did not come into the war until after Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941.
2. False – The U. S. did join the UN after World War II. It was the League of Nations after World War I that we did not join.
3. True – The atomic bombs did seal the deal
Hiroshima August 6th, 1945. Nagasaki three days later on August 9th.
4. True – Many historians argue that World War II ended the Great Depression rather than the New Deal.
5. I need to look this up (These are fun for nerds like me who teach college world history.)
#5 is False only because the Soviet Union did not vote. They were boycotting the UN Security council meetings at that time.
And I like your photo.
1. at the start of wwii the soviet union had a non-aggression pact with germany, but this came to an end on june 22 1941 when the german army invaded the soviet union. since the us itself did not enter the war until pearl harbour (december the same year) it is true that the us and the soviet union were allies.
2.trick question. the united states never ‘joined’ the united nations because it was a founder member.
3. yes, japan surrendered after the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki, and almost certainly because of it.
4. stupid question. roosevelt inaugurated new deal policies in 1933 and continued with interventionist deficit budgeting until 1938. the great depression and its aftermath probably began late in 1927 and a recovery was clearly visible by 1935. perhaps the recovery would have happened even without the new deal. perhaps there are weapons of mass destruction still waiting to be found in iraq.
5. the soviet delegation forgot to turn up at the un on june 27th 1950, and they were unable to veto this decision.
1. True. B/c you’re so hot and they wanted to be on your team
2. True. B/c you’re so hot and they didn’t wanna share you with other countries.
3. False. B/c you’re so hot and they didn’t even need to use atomic bombs. All they did was spread your pictures in the two cities and the whole population fell in love with you and they surrendered.
4. True. B/c you’re so hot and it was your beauty ended the depression.
5. True. B/c you’re so hot and they didn’t wanna go into war leaving you behind.