i was raised in a Christian home as a child..but i realized that magick and witchcraft is not bad as the church said that it was. they say it is from Satan, but i have read books that say that those who practice witchcraft don’t get any power from Satan. it comes from within or with the help of a deity. Can anyone explain this to me?
Because they’ve been told it’s evil, all of their lives, and unfortunately the Christian dogma does not encourage questions. If any of the people you grew up with bothered to do what you are doing–that is, ask questions and look for the answers–then they would know that witchcraft is not evil.
But the Christian church very much depends on the congregation following their rules without question. ":We have all the answers":, they are told from the time they are very small. ":Do as we tell you, ignore anything else, and all will be well. OK, you might be miserable for sixty years or so, but if you’ve been good things get better after you die.":
There’s a reason many Christian priests refer to the congregation as a ":flock.":
Kudos to you for having the courage to ask questions. Blessed be.
Edit: Thank you Esther and Savage serenity, for proving my point.
For the same reason some people prefer to take medecine made in chemical labs as opposed to eating healthy and taking herbal medecines.
Most Christians are the former. ":Witches": are the latter.
So, do you act like a culturally conditioned robot, or do you use nature as your teacher?
Because they’re retarted.
Exodus 22:18 ‘Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.’
Leviticus 20:6 ‘As for the person who turns to mediums and to spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.
Leviticus 20:27 ‘Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones, their bloodguiltiness is upon them.’":
Deuteronomy 18:10 ":There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,
Deuteronomy 18:11 or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead.
But then again, leviticus also says:
Leviticus 19:19 ‘neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee.’
So who takes THAT seriously?
it does say in the bible that its evil
Do not allow a sorceress to live.
Let no one be found among you who … practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, | or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritualist or who consults the dead.
":adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft…":
This chapter deals with life after death. Some people will attain Heaven: others are sent to Hell, which is here described as the lake which burns with fire and brimstone (sulphur). In his commentary on this verse, Matthew Henry refers to the horrors of Hell as involving the: ":…far greater terrors and agonies of eternal death…": Its victims will: ":…die and [continue] to be always dying.": 1
Verse 8 describes various groups who will automatically be relegated to Hell. In a typical biblical display of religious intolerance, the verse defines one group of victims as consisting of ":unbelievers": — apparently those who follow a non-Christian religion, or no religion at all. This would involved more than two thirds of the human race.
How the verse is translated:
There is no consistency in the translations of this verse, as they appear in various English versions of the Bible. The sixth group which is destined for Hell has been identified as:
1. 21st century King James Version: ":sorcerers":
2. American Standard Version: ":sorcerers":
3. An American Translation: those who ":practice witchcraft":
4. The Answer (New Century Version): those ":who do evil magic":
5. Amplified Bible: ":practises of magic arts":
6. Authentic New Testament: ":sorcerers":
7. Darby Translation: ":sorcerers":
8. Good News Version: ":those who practise magic":
9. James Moffatt Translation: ":sorcerers":
10. Jerusalem Bible: ":fortune tellers":
11. King James Version: ":sorcerers":
12. Living Bible: ":those conversing with demons":
13. Modern Language Bible: ":those practising magic arts":
14. New American Bible: ":sorcerers":
15. New American Standard Bible: ":sorcerers":
16. New English Bible ":sorcerers":
17. New International Version: ":those who practise magical arts":
18. New Living Translation: ":those who practise witchcraft":
19. New Revised Standard Version: ":sorcerers":
20. New Testament &: Psalms: An Inclusive Version: ":sorcerers":
21. New World Translation: ":those practising spiritism":
22. Phillips Modern English ":those trafficking…in sorcery":
23. The Promise: (Contemporary English Version): ":uses witchcraft":
24. Rheims New Testament: ":":sorcerers":
25. Revised Standard Version: ":sorcerers":
26. Revised English Bible: ":sorcerers":
27. Today’s English Version ":those who practise magic":
28. Today’s New International Version: ":those who practise magic arts":
29. Tyndale’s New Testament: ":sorcerers":
30. World English Bible: ":sorcerers": The translation has a footnote: ":The word for ‘sorcerers’ here also includes users of potions and drugs.":
31. Young’s Literal Translation: ":sorcerers":
check out www.freecdtracts.com there’s a witch on this website – listen to her views
Because they’re so delusional, they actually think it’s real.
Sure. There is only one God and only one way to God, through Jesus Christ. Witchcraft is condemned in the bible. There is no other power in the universe except satan. If one is not doing God’s will for His glory, and is claiming to get powers to do things (which is what witchcraft is all about), the only other source is satan. Oh, you can deny it all you want, but that is who is behind it.
It’s a waste of time.
Because they are silly. Even believing in imaginary entities such as the devil, other god or gods is evil.
science and history are teh devil arts
Because there are only two sources of supernatural power: