Every president in the past at least tried to do something to improve the country. What Obama tried to do, or what he has done so far?
President Obama signed the new G.I. Bill into law. He signed a new law that guarantees timely and predictable funding by laying out the VA budget ahead of schedule and he changed the rules for veterans seeking medical care allowing them to more easily qualify for federal benefits if they suffer post-traumatic stress disorder.
President Obama expanded State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) to provide health insurance to over 4 million children of working families.
Thanks to Obama care as right-wingers like to call it more than 18.9 million seniors in Medicare have taken advantage of free preventive services and nearly 1.3 million received a 50% discount on their brand name prescription drugs when they hit the donut hole, saving a total of $660 million so far this year.
The Obama administration broke the previous record for deportation of illegal immigrants which was set by the Obama administration, fines collected from businesses that hire illegals, and number of border enforcement agents on the border.
Is that enough.
Barack Hussein Obama did many things listed byt Bash and others. People who say he has done nothing can see no further than their Republican ties.
Pretty bizarre that people get thumbs down for actually giving a list of items. Guess if you don’t get the answer you want is so disappointing.
Stopped the USA from a second Great Depression … captured and killed Osama Bin Ladin … introduced a decent universal health care system in line with that enjoyed by other first world countries … a good start considering the obstructionist negativity proferred by the GOP … !
Halted Economy Freefall
Killed or captured two dozen terrorist leaders
Actually kept us safe from terror attacks
3 million new jobs
11 straight months of new jobs and economic growth
Reduction in unemployment claims
Bringing troops home from Iraq
Credit card bill of rights
Preexisting conditions now covered under insurance
Increase the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals
Fully funded the VA
Tax credits for all Americans, including ADDITIONAL tax credits for small businesses and corporations that hire the unemployed and our veterans.
Loan program for small businessesВ
Closed ":donut hole": in Medicare prescription drug plan
Assure that the Veterans Administration budget is prepared as ‘must-pass’ legislation
End the ":Stop-loss": program of forcing troops to stay in service beyond their expected commitments
No, I cant.
The people who answered saying he’s created millions of jobs… HAHA your a joke.
Yes he created millions of TEMPORARY GOVERNMENT job with his trillion dollar stimulus, but then all those went bye-bye…. and now the unemployment is even higher.
Reversed Ban on Stem Cell research, something that one day will cure Cancer,AIDS, Spinal Cord injuries, and many more.
Here is just a partial list:
1. Extend Require economic justification for tax changes
2. Child tax credits and marriage-penalty fixes
3. Extend the Bush tax cuts for lower incomes
4. Extend and index the 2007 Alternative Minimum Tax patch
Small Businesses Policy:
1. Create an Advanced Manufacturing Fund to invest in peer-reviewed manufacturing
2. Expand loan programs for small businesses
3. Raise the small business investment expensing limit to $250,000 through the
end of 2009
On Civil Rights/Social Policy:
1. Increase minority access to capital
2. Implement ":Women Owned Business": contracting program
3. Reinstate executive order to hire an additional 100,000 federal employees with
disabilities within five years.
4. Grant Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send money to Cuba
5. Promote cultural diplomacy
6. Appoint an American Indian policy adviser
7. Work to overturn Ledbetter vs. Goodyear
8. Increase the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental
9. Appoint a special adviser to the president on violence against women
10. Fully fund the Violence Against Women Act
For the Poor:
1. Expand the Nurse-Family Partnership to all low-income, first-time mothers
2. Give tax credits to those who need help to pay health premiums
3. Expand eligibility for Medicaid
4. Provide affordable, high-quality child care
5. Expand Pell grants for low-income students
6. Establish ‘Promise Neighborhoods’ for areas of concentrated poverty
7. Extend unemployment insurance benefits and temporarily suspend taxes on
1. Change standards for determining broadband access
2. Support network neutrality on the Internet
3. Appoint the nation’s first Chief Technology Officer
1. Establish a credit card bill of rights
2. Create new financial regulations
3. Create new criminal penalties for mortgage fraud
4. Health Policy
5. Reverse restrictions on stem cell research
6. Close the ":doughnut hole": in Medicare prescription drug plan
7. Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions
8. Expand the Senior Corps volunteer program
9. Require large employers to contribute to a national health plan
10. Require children to have health insurance coverage
11. Expand eligibility for State Children’s Health Insurance Fund (SCHIP)
12. Require health plans to disclose how much of the premium goes to patient care
13. Establish an independent health institute to provide accurate and objective
14. In non-competitive markets, force insurers to pay out a reasonable share of
their premiums for patient care
15. Eliminate the higher subsidies to Medicare Advantage plans
16. Expand funding to train primary care providers and public health practitioners
17. Increase funding to expand community based prevention programs
18. Sign a ":universal": health care bill
1. Fully fund the Veterans Administration
2. Assure that the Veterans Administration budget is prepared as ‘must-pass’
3. Expand the Veterans Administration’s number of ":centers of excellence": in
4. Create a military families advisory board
As Commander in Chief:
1. Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq
2. Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq
3. No permanent bases in Iraq
4. Send two additional brigades to Afghanistan
5. Strengthen and expand military exchange programs with other countries
6. Make greater investment in advanced military air technology
7. End the abuse of supplemental budgets for war
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/… this site will give you an idea but he has been blocked by republicans on something so you can see where he has changed some things because fo them.
I think that there are several fine answers, that I couldn’t add to. I can’t believe he has accomplished what he has, considering the traitorous Republicans.