My bad! I didnt realize. But read this transcript from Katie Couric’s interview and share your thoughts.
COURIC: You’ve cited Alaska’s proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?
PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land– boundary that we have with– Canada. It– it’s funny that a comment like that was– kind of made to– cari– I don’t know, you know? Reporters–
PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that’s the word, yeah.
COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.
PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our– our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They’re in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia–
COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?
PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We– we do– it’s very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border. It is– from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to– to our state.
Here is more from ontheissues.org about Obama and foreign Policy
* Meet with Cuban leaders only with agenda of US interests. (Feb 2008)
* Cuba: Loosen restrictions now: normalization later. (Feb 2008)
* Important to undo the damage of the last seven years. (Feb 2008)
* Never negotiate out of fear, and never fear to negotiate. (Jan 2008)
* Ok to postpone Pakistani elections, but not indefinitely. (Dec 2007)
* Pakistan crisis: secure nukes: continue with elections. (Dec 2007)
* President must abide by international human rights treaties. (Dec 2007)
* Obama Doctrine: ideology has overridden facts and reality. (Dec 2007)
* China is a competitor but not an enemy. (Dec 2007)
* Willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Kim Jung Il &: Hugo Chavez. (Nov 2007)
* Wrote 2006 law stabilizing Congo with $52M. (Oct 2007)
* No Obama Doctrine: just democracy, security, liberty. (Oct 2007)
* Invest in our relationship with Mexico. (Sep 2007)
* Strengthen NATO to face 21st-century threats. (Aug 2007)
* $50B annually to strengthen weak states at risk of collapse. (Aug 2007)
* No ":strategic ambiguity": on foreign policy issues. (Aug 2007)
* At college, protested for divestment from South Africa. (Aug 2007)
* Increased aid to Republic of Congo. (Aug 2007)
* Visited largest slum in Africa, to publicize its plight. (Aug 2007)
* My critics engineered our biggest foreign policy disaster. (Aug 2007)
* China is a competitor, but not an enemy. (Aug 2007)
* Meet with enemy leaders: it’s a disgrace that we have not. (Jul 2007)
* No-fly zone in Darfur: but pay attention more in Africa. (Jun 2007)
* Europe &: Japan are allies, but China is a competitor. (Apr 2007)
* Palestinian people suffer-but from not recognizing Israel. (Apr 2007)
* FactCheck: Palestinian suffering from stalled peace effort. (Apr 2007)
* Protested South African apartheid while at college. (Feb 2007)
* Focus on corruption to improve African development. (Oct 2006)
* Supports Israel’s self-defense: but distrusted by Israelis. (Oct 2006)
* Visited Africa in 2006: encouraged HIV testing &: research. (Oct 2006)
* Never has US had so much power &: so little influence to lead. (Jul 2004)
* US policy should promote democracy and human rights. (Jul 2004)
* Sponsored aid bill to avert humanitarian crisis in Congo. (Dec 2005)
* Urge Venezuela to re-open dissident radio &: TV stations. (May 2007)
* Let Ukraine &: Georgia enter NATO. (Jan 2008)
* Condemn violence by Chinese government in Tibet. (Apr 2008)
* Sanction Mugabe until Zimbabwe transitions to democracy. (Apr 2008)
No but she sure is funny.
I am NOT impressed.
Well she has as much as Obama (which is nothing) and Biden (which is nothing) so I guess so!