Can i take my friend to take his CA DMV driving test if?

If the vehicle is registered under my mom’s name?

I have a valid CA driving license and i have insurance too with my name. Its my car but we just havent transfered it to my name.

If not how can i tranfer it to my name? What do we have to do?

I looked at he CA DMV website but i didnt get what they were saying.


Need to know in order to answer accurately:
Is your friend a teen (under 18) or an adult?
Are you at least 25 years of age?

If you friend is a teen, he or she must be accompanied by a driver 25 years or older. If an adult, then just 18 yrs. or older.
The registration information DOES NOT need to be &quot:transferred&quot: to you.
Insurance and registration are to the car, not the individual driver.
In addition, a new teen driver must have parent along to sign their permit on page two &quot:under penalty of perjury they have completed the required course of instruction&quot:…the 50 hours of practice, basically.
Personally, I think it’s better for teens to ask their driving instructor to take them for the drive test if parent(s) aren’t available. Good luck!

As long as you have a valid license, and there is insurance on mom’s car, yes.

I wish your friend well on his test.

If both of you are 18 or older, you can legally accompany your friend to his drivers road test. Please see Page 10 of the 2008 California Driver Handbook.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *