I am doing a report on Gay Marriages in school and I want to know what everyone thinks about that topic.
Tell me WHY you are FOR or AGAINST gay marriage.
[I put it in this section because, I want to mainly know what teenagers think, and parents aswell.]
This is such a coincidence, because I happen to be doing exactly the same topic for a Panel Discussion, except I have been forced to have a negative point of view. Not the easiest topic, as I’m sure you know.
I, personally, am for gay marriage, but here are some reasons why gays shouldn’t be allowed to marry.
– Marriage is for a man and a woman to join as one and start a family.
– Religious reasons – Lev 18:22-23 ":You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female: it is an abomination.": Lev 20:13 ":If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act: they shall surely be put to death.": 1 Cor 6:9 ":Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals": 1 Tim 1:9-10 ":realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers": Rom 1:26-27 ":For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions: for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.":
– Infedelity – Gays, generally, are often stereotyped as promiscuous, while lesbians break up more often.
– STDs – This is a giveaway.
– The suicide rates in the gay population
– I also found this in Yahoo! Answers by a certain ":opetke": when the question was asked – Why should gay marriage be illegal?
For the same reason that polygamy should be illegal….relationships with children should be illegal…marriages with animals should be illegal…
It dilutes the sacred nature of marriage (which is already under attack from modern society) and makes it seem to be a situation of convenience rather than an institution designed for one singular purpose:
Our society, and our government, has a stake growing our population. A growing population means more workers, more growers, more soldiers, and more babies.
How and why does homosexual marriage figure into this? Why should we change what has worked for 5000 years?
Is it to give credibility to the homosexual lifestyle? Is it to give it legitimacy?
You don’t need marriage to be in love. You don’t need it to live together. Gays want it to prove that their lifestyle is not strange, aberrant, and abnormal.
The only problem, not only is it all three of these things, it’s also extremely dangerous. Ever measured the suicide rates among the gay population? How about the level of STD’s? The likelyhood that they will have multiple partners or infidelity?
In all of these categories, gays are proportionally higher than straight couples.
Furthermore, in a society that is already over-sexed and filled with gender confusion, here comes a lifestyle which is based upon sexual orientation and NO OTHER MORAL PRINCIPLE.
Not an advisable addition to our already morally relative society.
I’m sometimes confused how people can justify banning public smoking, or the sale of trans-fat filled food…yet promote homosexuality…a lifestyle so fraught with emotional and physical dangers.
I’m also confused why 3-4% of the population thinks they have the right to alter one of our most important institutions. Why the intrusions into our schools (like placing pro-homosexual books in children’s libraries)? Why do they think invading our religious institutions and attacking non-violent Christians will win them the support they need?
Lastly, if the only qualification to marry is that you’re in love….
…how much longer before we see a 13 year old boy and a 40 year old man demand a marriage license because they’re ":in love":.
We’ll demand that, because it would be psycologically damaging for the 13 year old, we will not permit it!
But they’re ":in love":. And they’re not doing anything more dangerous than thousands of gay couples, who engage in psycologically damaging and diseaseful behavior.
How about a man and a dog? Are they in love? Isn’t this qualification enough?
Isn’t it better for two people (five people, ten people, ect) to be in loving marriages, regardless of their ages?
Of course it isn’t! The purpose for marriage is procreation. To procreate…you need TWO ADULTS of DIFFERING GENDERS. You need TWO ADULTS of DIFFERING GENDERS to teach the offspring socially acceptable behavior…or they’ll grow up disadvantaged.
This is my view of this mess. Frankly, when we ignore the dangerous behavior we’d be validating, the damage to potentially indoctornated chil
I really don’t care-Im a christian but it is that individuals life.
i am all for gay marriage i am not homo but i have gay friends and they cant help it.
Life, Liberty, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.
It is TECHNICALLY unconstitutional for it to be illegal.
The only thing it goes against is the Catholic religion.
And who are others to tell people on who they can and can’t marry?
for because i have so many gay friends that im too open minded
i don’t believe in god. i don’t follow any religion. i just think it’s wrong.
Neutral, I don:t think it’s wrong because it’s not hurting anybody but I don’t think it’s right because it’s unnatural.
I’m FOR it :]
If they want to get married, its not hurting anyone so why should people have a big problem with it :]
Against at least in church, partnership is ok
for, because all men are created equal, they are people too, and this government should be so ashamed
I am against gay marriage.
America was based around Christianity and is the base of the legal and law system and it needs to be kept that way. With out any religion or morals their would be no rules, nor laws. I have nothing against the gay community, I just don’t support it. I think they want the same tax credentials as heterosexual couples.
Its Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.